Sunday, October 16, 2011

12 By 2012



Alright, it's time for me to be honest...I am a procrastinator.  I blame it on the artist in me.  I can't create without inspiration, therefore I spend my time waiting to be inspired to do anything.  Even typing that I know it's a load of rationalized crap.  One of my favorite ways to procrastinate is by reading blogs.  While reading one of my faves the other day, The Small Things Blog, I came across a post that inspired me to actually take action on a few things that I want to accomplish.

It's called the 12 By 2012 project and was actually started by another lovely lady that I started following, Danni at Hello, Friend.  The idea is to make a list of 12 things that you would like to accomplish before December 31, 2011.  They can be big or small, it doesn't matter, just 12 things you want to get done before the end of the year.

Here is my list:
(I love making lists)

***Update: I marked off the things I have accomplished so far.  You can check here and here to read about my progress.***


1. Post at least one blog entry each week.
- Kinda failed at this one.  I did fairly well until about a week before Christmas.

2. Plan my first mission trip/volunteer adventure entirely.
- Crossing this one off.  Even though it wasn't fully funded, it was still planned entirely.

3. Register for the 2012 Flying Pig Half Marathon.
- I didn't get registered by the end of 2011, but myself and 3 other friends have decided to compete in the 4-person relay instead.  I am so excited...I can't stand it!!

4. Finish the scarf I started knitting.
- Alas, I did not finish it.  However, I did get further along than I ever have before.  An accomplishment in my book.

5. Clean out my inbox.

6. Take the stuff I cleaned out of my closet this summer to Goodwill.  Finally.

7. Find a new gym.

8. Make cupcakes using this recipe.

9. Make my own butter and then use it to make yummy butter cream frosting for cupcakes.

10. Visit my family in Tennessee.
- Didn't make before 2012, but shortly after the start.

11. Find a new home church.

12. Finish outlining the children's book I am writing.
- Ummm...yeah.  Writers block.

There it is.  I put it out there for the world to see so now I have to do it!  I will post an update each week, and would appreciate any encouragement.  To my fellow bloggers, if you would like to participate in this simply create a post with your 12 By 2012.  Then visit this post at Hello, Friend and leave a comment with a link to your post.  Danni is creating a list of everyone who is participating so that we can encourage each other and be accountable.  I think this is pretty cool and I hope you will participate!

I have 11 weeks left to accomplish my 12...pssh...I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment