Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chew On This...

Over the last 6 or 7 months I have found that my circle of friends has expanded like whoa.  That means a lot.  And I found myself thinking quite often, "What are these people in my life for?  What are they here to show me?  To teach me?  What am I supposed to be learning from them, about myself or the world around me?"  Then, it struck me this morning how absolutely self-centered my thinking has been.  These people might not be in my life for me.  I might be in their life to show them something.  Maybe they aren't here to help  and grow me, maybe I was put in their path to help and grow them.  Then I became sad and started thinking about how many opportunities I may have missed to invest in others just because I was so wrapped up in what they were possibly doing for me.

How radically different would the world be if we stopped thinking about only ourselves?

The kingdom wasn't created for us, we were created for the kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment