Thursday, December 15, 2011

Confessions

Don't worry...this isn't the post where I tell you that my chick on the side said she's got one on the way.  That's coming next week.  J/K, J/K...I hope you guys know the song, otherwise, this got awkward really fast.  If I were a super hero, I think my super power would be creating awkward situations.  Then, my arch enemy would just get so uncomfortable they would leave.  Non-violent, no bloodshed, no messy spiderwebs to clean up...just incredibly uncomfortable to watch.  Alright, we got off topic way fast.  I told you guys a few weeks ago that I would write something worth reading soon, so here it is!

What am I confessing, you ask?  Are you ready for this?  It's gonna get uncomfortable (guess I wasn't too far off topic).  I am confessing my faith in Jesus Christ.  I'm a Christian.  I love my Jesus, and I can't get enough of him. I would hope so dearly that this is clear by my actions and the example I set, but it needs to be said aloud.  I have long believed that the very best way to share God's love and His promises for us is through actions.  Being the hands and feet of Jesus.  And I still do believe that, but I have come to realize that God's word needs to come in to the equation too.  Actions may speak louder, but words carry so much weight.

I've always shied away from conversations about my faith for many reasons.  I'm not a scholar or a theologist.  I don't know the Bible inside and out.  I'm always scared that someone will want to debate me, and I am terrible at debating.  I also worry that I may unintentionally present the Lord as unholy, or say the wrong thing and cause someone else to stumble.  Mainly, because I don't have all the answers.  I've realized though, no person on Earth has all the answers.  No one is perfect.  It's impossible.  That's why I believe, because I'm not perfect.  You don't have to be perfect to accept Jesus, that is what is so simple and so hard to understand sometimes.  You don't change for Jesus, Jesus changes you.  We don't live for God, we live with God.  I want to share my faith because I have been blessed beyond measure, and I want everyone to be able to experience that.  I want to share my source of hope, joy, love, peace, and patience.  I've been selfish for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment